Terms & Conditions
Now Pharmacy is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and is compliant with NHS, UK and EU regulation.
Now Pharmacy is responsible for fulfilling your prescription. Once dispensed your medication will be delivered free of charge.
How do I use the service?
Now Healtprovidesroup provide a service enabling you to request a repeat prescription from your NHS GP and fulfilled by Now Pharmacy.
By using this service, you agree to nominate Now Pharmacy as your NHS Electronic Prescription Service pharmacy (“Nominated Pharmacy”). This means that all repeat prescriptions issued for you by your NHS GP will be sent to Now Pharmacy for dispensing.
You agree that the Pharmacy staff can view your NHS Summary Care Record. This permission for access is granted for when you initially register with Now Pharmacy or have a current order with Now Pharmacy only. All access is automatically logged and recorded by the NHS for audit and security purposes.
Finally, you agree that once a prescription is available, the Now Pharmacy team can dispatch your medication to you if no other details are required.
Please note that all repeat prescriptions issued by your NHS GP will be automatically sent to Now Pharmacy.
If you cannot wait for delivery, Now Pharmacy can transfer the prescription to your nearest pharmacy for you to collect. If at any point you want to withdraw your nomination, please call the team on 0151 345 6426 us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the service work?
You will need to register and complete a prescription request through the Now Pharmacy website. Now Pharmacy will then forward your prescription request to your GP and it is then at your GPs discretion to issue a prescription. Your GP may want to speak to you before prescribing so your request may not be processed immediately. If you consult with your GP either over the phone or face-to-face, you should inform them that you would like your prescription to be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy. Your GP may be delayed in issuing a repeat prescription. Now Pharmacy have no control over these delays and will attempt to contact your GP directly if there are any notable issues, or may request that you contact your GP directly.
This service is not suitable for emergency supplies or loans of medication.
Once your prescription has been issued by your GP, your GP will notify Now Pharmacy and provide the prescription to dispense and dispatch your medication.
Who has responsibility for providing my medication?
You: are responsible for the prescription orders you place, the information you provide and for checking and taking any medication correctly. We aim to help the NHS reduce any medicine waste so please only place repeat orders for medication you require and are currently taking. You are responsible for complying with these Terms.
Your NHS GP: is responsible for issuing your NHS prescriptions and providing you with medical advice. Please note that all prescribing decisions are made by your GP.
Now Pharmacy: is liable for fulfilling and dispatching your prescription correctly and in accordance with all General Pharmaceutical Council standards and guidelines. Your items will be delivered by Royal Mail.
Now Pharmacy is responsible for providing the Service. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and we do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. You have certain legal rights. These include that we will provide the Service with reasonable skill and care and within a reasonable time. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled. For more information on your legal rights contact your local Citizens Advice Service.
We are not responsible for any failures or delays caused by you, your GP, Pharmacy Partners or Royal Mail. In the event of an issue you should contact us in the first instance and we may direct you to contact your GP, or Royal Mail as appropriate. We are not responsible for losses not caused by our breach, indirect losses or a failure to provide the Service due to any cause beyond our reasonable control which prevents us from fulfilling our obligations including but not limited to fire, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident or terrorist activity and acts of God.
If we do breach these terms we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering this Agreement.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Yes, provided you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, hold a valid UK credit or debit card in your name and are currently registered with an NHS England GP practice.
What are my obligations?
- You are responsible for providing accurate information about yourself, your GP and changes to your medication. If you do not provide accurate information then you could be putting your health at serious risk. You must check the spelling and dosage information and follow the clinical directions provided with your medication. You should review the patient information leaflet provided with the medication.
- You confirm that you are requesting medications for your own personal use only. Medications should never be shared with any other person.
- You agree to keep your login details confidential and not to share them with any other person.
- You agree not to use any Service provided by us for any unlawful purpose, including requesting unauthorised medications.
- You agree not to use our websites or applications in any way that will damage, impair or render them less efficient.
- You acknowledge that the use of the Service does not grant you any rights in relation to our intellectual property rights.
- If you receive any medication scheduling notifications from Now Healthcare, you acknowledge and agree that these are recommendations only and that the clinical directions given by your GP and/or pharmacist must always supersede these recommendations. In the event these recommendations contradict the guidance on your medication label, you agree to follow the instructions on the medication label.
- You acknowledge that Now Healthcare Group is not responsible for incidents relating to the storage, handling, manufacture, delivery, use, misuse or abuse of your medication.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Now Healthcare Group at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms.
How does payment work?
- If you pay for your medication, then you will be charged the NHS prescription charge, which is currently £8.60 per item. This will appear on your bank statement. No medical information will be passed to your bank or credit card company.
- If you do not pay for your medication, you will be required to declare and upload appropriate evidence (depending on the exemption). You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the exemption criteria. You agree for Now Healthcare to share this evidence of exemption with appropriate NHS authorities for verification.
- Your agreement with your mobile network provider will apply when using any Service. You may be charged by your provider for network connection services while using the Service. If you are not the bill payer for the network connection services being used, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer to use the Service.
Can I cancel my order?
You can cancel your order at any point until the medication is dispensed by Now Pharmacy and you will receive a full refund with the same method of payment. Unfortunately, due to the nature of prescription medications, once your items have been despatched, you will be unable to cancel your order, return the medication or receive a refund (unless you are returning them because they are damaged or have been dispatched in error). Any unwanted medicines must be disposed of by returning the medication to a pharmacy or to any authorised location.
When will I receive my medication?
Medications are sent via Royal Mail and orders dispatched before noon on Monday to Friday should arrive within 48 hours from the time the order is dispatched by a Now Pharmacy. We cannot guarantee the exact time and day of arrival – please allow for up to three working days for your medication to arrive. You understand that once your item is passed to Royal Mail by Now Pharmacy, it becomes their responsibility. Royal Mail terms and conditions apply to your order. These can be accessed here: http://www.royalmail.com/terms-and-conditions
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy shall be determined exclusively by the courts of England and Wales. These Terms are only available in the English language.
If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
How can I contact you?
Please feel free to call the team on 0151 345 6426 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to Now Healthcare Group, 1 Lowry Plaza, Salford Quays, M50 3UB. Should you wish to file a complaint, please contact us via the methods listed above. We aim to acknowledge complaints within two working days.